Questions about sending text messages?

Reaction score
Today I took a drive to the mountains and there was no data connection. The phone still worked but I think it was roaming in analouge mode. Driving in these areas makes a good idea to have a printed map, and or a stand alone GPS like a Garmin because of the built in maps and it not requiring a data connection. Okay anyways there are some contacts that have iPhones and I tried to text one person and the iphone kept on thinking and thinking until a few minutes later I was given the option to send the message as a text message and not as a imessage. Is there a wa this could have been avoided sparing me the 2-3 minutes of wait time for the iphone to figure it out that I lacked a data connection? Thanks

C

chas_m

Well, you could have turned off iMessage when you knew you had no data connection in the settings, but other than that, no.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.