How To Access My Computer From The Office?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I want to acces my home computer from my office computer by FTP. Do you have a freeware to suggest that will be sure, secure and really, but really easy to use c'ause I'm really not a IT technician.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You will have to ask the IT department in your office how to do it because it is probably very hard to get access.

OP
bellastrada
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I don't have any problems to have a FTP access to outside the office. My problem is that I want to have access to my computer while I am at the office to pick up things from my computer......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The connecting outside is not a problem at all. Connecting in is probably very hard, because your office probably has firewalls, and restrictions on your computer to prevent access from the outside

OP
bellastrada
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Probably my english is not good! hi! hi! Don't have to say that french is my first language! ;) I'll try to explain it a better way....

I want to make my computer (at home) accessible from the office. So is there a freeware that will make my computer (at home) act as a ftp server?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Woops I misread it

System Preferences -> Sharing
Enable FTP Access

You can access it from the address they list (if you are behind a router with a firewall it is much more difficult

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.