Help with file management - deleting files without losing my place

Reaction score
Okay, hopefully this doesn't seem like too obtuse a desire, but I hate using the mouse to do things that can be done on the keyboard. I'm a recent convert to macs and I'm still getting used to the different shortcuts. One thing I've been driven crazy by is the way OSX deletes things when using the the Finder. This is whether I press cmd-del or use the mouse, the file selector either reverts out to the next folder up, or is resets back to the beginning in the folder. My experience with the universal superiority of Mac to PC tells me that there MUST be a different way. I've searched and search the net, but to no avail. Surely there must be a way to delete a file on a mac and have the selector default to the previous or ideally next file in a folder?

Help!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't normally use the Finder for file management for many reasons. I usually use the free open source muCommander (a Norton Commander like file manager for OS X).

Give it a try since it's free. Download from here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.