Mac Cleanup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo: 2.4Ghz: 4GB Memory)
I was learning how to clean up my mac from this article on Lifehacker (love that site) and I noticed when going into login items under system preferences/user accounts there is something called "profile reminder" and was wondering if I can get rid of this on my startup? Thank you for your help on this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Late 2007, 2.4GHz (Dual Core), 1GB RAM, Radeon 2600HD OSX 10.6.8
What OS version are you running? I have 10.6 and no such item so it can't be essential. Anyway, have you tried selecting it and then hitting the minus button in the bottom left?

EDIT: Not very bottom left though, just below the list on the left.

OP
m@cnewbie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am using 10.7.3 and yes I have checked the box to the left to hide it but was just wondering if I even need it in that list for startup....thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Late 2007, 2.4GHz (Dual Core), 1GB RAM, Radeon 2600HD OSX 10.6.8
I am using 10.7.3 and yes I have checked the box to the left to hide it but was just wondering if I even need it in that list for startup....thanks
I did not say tick a box, I said click the minus botton :Smirk:
I don't really think hiding it will result in any performance gains. Also, I don't think Apple would allow something that is essential for the system to be in there, probably it is just for 3rd party apps. Especially with Apple hiding the Library and their move away from unwitting users mucking things up.

So all in all, I think you should be safe. As to how much it will actually help? I'm not too sure.

OP
m@cnewbie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for the help and sorry I misread what you posted about what to do. Have a Happy Easter!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.