• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New aerial images of Apple's planned NC fuel cell, solar farms emerge

Reaction score
New aerial images of Apple's planned NC fuel cell, solar farms emerge

Pictures of the area surrounding Apple's iCloud datacenter in Maiden, North Carolina show that progress is being made in preparing land for the company's future biogas and solar farm energy arrays.
mf.gif

a2t.img

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
I'm really glad Apple has decided to go with clean energy to power it's iCloud. I wonder if solar will be enough in North Carolina? It's not like the desert where it's sunny 365 days/year.

Either way, data centers/servers eat up a massive amount of this country's energy so this will be just one less to worry about.

Edit - Ah, I just saw it will power approx 9.8% of the data center. That seems more realistic.

Reaction score
It's crazy that I didn't even know this was out here in NC...I don't live far from this at all!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.