Resetting my password on iphone is a nightmare?

Reaction score
This all started because some loser had nothing better to do than hack my att account. So, I had to go into ATT and change my password which means I had to change it on all my devices with a mail browser. On my iphone, when I try to change my password, it tries to verify and then tells me that I need to login to Yahoo.

So, I did some research because I couldn't find out what that meant. I logged into Yahoo on my desktop expecting some verification email but nothing... then I discovered that I was supposed to login via Safari on my iphone. A-ha! Finally, an end to this madness!

So, I got to Safari and try to login and am rejected with an error message stating:
g.gif

"We're sorry that you are having difficulty logging in. Please sign in from our desktop login screen and then try login again from our mobile login screen".

WHAT??? There is no way to get to a desktop screen from my iphone...at least none that I can find.

Help! I have literally spent hours on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 10.7, iMac 21" 10.7
You could try downloading a different browser from the app store over wifi that can display desktop pages. I recommend iCab Mobile. Simply go to the settings in the app to choose what device you want to "tell" the website you are using.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
If you go to Yahoo in Safari on your iPhone then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page there is a View: Desktop hyperlink. That forces the site to give you the desktop version of the page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and Macbook
Glad I found this. It finally took my new password after 10 tries. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.