Fumbling Through an iOS5 update on the 3gs; Need to get my apps off my Macbook itunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 1gb ram; 320gb hd iPhone 4s 16gb iPod Nano 16gb iPod Mini 6gb
I just fumbled my way through my iOS5 upgrade on my iphone 3gs. At first I had no contacts, music or apps, even though I had just backed them up to my Macbook. I then figured out that when I told it to "Restore From Backup" it wasn't going to get anything from the empty icloud categories that were toggled to "on" in settings. I turned them off and clicked "Restore From Backup" again. I then had everything that was missing, but still no apps or music.

I know there's probably a simple solution, or a control somewhere that I don't know about that will re-install my apps (and hopefully music) from my computer to my phone, and I was hoping someone could walk me through it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mark

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 1gb ram; 320gb hd iPhone 4s 16gb iPod Nano 16gb iPod Mini 6gb
Oh man, I must be sleep deprived! I just remembered the "apps" tab in iTunes::Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
He he, I just did that with my synced photos; I spent a week wondering why they had disappeared from the devices.
Alls well that ends well :)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.