Boot camp question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I5; 2.7 Intel core I5 with 4GB ram, 1TB hard drive and running 10.7.3 Lion
Hello all,
Just got my new IMAC and wow loving it. I was considering using the "bootcamp" feature that I have read about, to allow me to play some on line games with friends. When reading about "bootcamp" it says to install it from your factory install disc. Ummm I don't have one, should I? I was never given a prompt to make one, that I recall. Is there another option for using bootcamp? read about the cross over? programs, but seemed hit or miss as to what Windows software they would run?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13inch i5 500GB HDD 4GB RAM
If you have just bought your iMac, then it will be pre loaded with bootcamp. Just go to Spotlight (small magnifying glass top right corner) and search Boot Camp. Open up and follow the on screen instructions :)
Regards and install disk, Apple are not supplying them with new devices anymore. You have two options. Either you can run a fresh instal by holding the option key on start up and going to the Recovery Partition which is inbuilt with OS X Lion, or you can by USB Restore Keys from Apple (not sure on cost). Also, the way Windows will run on Boot Camp is just as it will run on a PC, using your iMac's specs and details. Hope this has helped

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I5; 2.7 Intel core I5 with 4GB ram, 1TB hard drive and running 10.7.3 Lion
Great, thanks for the info it was just what I was looking for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Two suggestions.

Print and read the Guidelines in Bootcamp Assistant. Use Windows 7 64bit version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.