Buying Seagate drive - comparing options for HFS+ drivers including Paragon solutions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 - i7 2600 3.4GHZ, 24GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 2GB GPU | iPad 4th gen | iPod Video 4th gen 60GB
Hello. Considering buying the Seagate GoFlex 3TB for Mac - it is the right fit for me at the moment. It advertises that it comes with HFS+ drivers. Because I am running Bootcamp and was interested in maxing out system capabillity I already bought Paragon drivers for both HFS+ (for Windows side) and NTFS (for Mac side). My question is if it makes a difference for me to install the Seagate software with drivers or if it is better to simply use the Paragon drivers. A little unsure of what the drivers pros and cons might be. Perhaps it won't matter?Thanks for any advice.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have no knowledge about the usability of the Seagate drivers, however, I do know that the Paragon drivers are stable and work well. I would use the Paragon drivers. Let us know how it goes.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 - i7 2600 3.4GHZ, 24GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 2GB GPU | iPad 4th gen | iPod Video 4th gen 60GB
I bought the drive and it seems to work fine. I was impressed with the Firewire 800 speeds. A few days ago I bought the Segate GoFlex Thunderbolt adapter - tested it under OS X and it worked great. Very fast. At least double almost triple the speed of FW. My issue now is that when the drive is connected under Windows 7 it doesn't work with the Thunderbolt connection. Perhaps I cannot access or transfer files using the TB adapter under Windows. Bummer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.