Voice control issue from lock screen

Reaction score
iPod Touch, latest generation, running iOS 5.1. From the lock screen I have had twice in two days an issue in which a blue voice control screen appears. It runs for something like 15-20 seconds, announces no music can be found and gives me the option to cancel. When I do, it reverts to the lock screen. In 10 months this has not happened. In the last few days the apps I have added include sonar, localmind and foursquare. It has also only happened on my home network.

Ideas (or very obvious things staring me in the face)?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The Voice control shows up when you hold down the Home button on the Lock screen for some number of seconds, any chance you are doing that or any potential damage to the bottom of the iPod Touch that might cause this button to be held down?

OP
P
Reaction score
I wondered if it might be that simple. While I have it in a leather case, the two times it happened I was sitting with it in my pocket in such a way I can imagine that happening. Case closed. Thanks.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The home button does have an inward indent on it, so a case/cover that covers the entire front of the phone shouldn't be pressing anything, but the leather case might also be bending and depending on how you were sitting, might be pushing against the button..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.