Lion vs Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Are there any reasons to upgrade to Lion from Snow Leopard? All I have heard is that there are lots of annoying problems with Lion, yet the Apple web site claims it's a significant improvement on sliced bread. So far they have not convinced me.

Reaction score
If you want your computer to look and operate more like an iPad, get Lion. Otherwise you'll be fine as is. The bugs have been worked out of Lion I believe so no issues in that aspect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
The simple answer is NO, there is no reason to upgrade from SL to Lion.
The more accurate answer is .... if Lion offers you functionality you can use to be more efficient, then YES. ( Like I did ... and I like Lion a lot )
If Apple have not convinced you so far, then you need to be more specific and ask yourself what it will take to convince you. ( As in .... what are you looking for in an OS ( any OS ) and is Lion offering that to you ? )

In short .... only you have the answer to your question.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
i definitely like the lion functions and i most probably will upgrade to mountain lion but since i have it on my computer it gave me a hard time. obviously it doesn't do for anyone but for me some things still don't work - e.g. when i connect my macbook with the thunderbolt display the mouse stucks or my time capsule backup seems to never finish.
i talked to apple and i´m working with them on the problems. funny thing is that they don't have a solution so far ;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.