Sims on Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13-inch MacBook Pro,2.8GHz dual-core,Intel Core i7,4GB 1333MHz
I was just looking around the forum and read a thread saying that Macs aren't that good for primarily gaming. My fiancé likes to play Sims 3 on our PC and she may be getting herself a Mac. Would Sims run just as good on Mac as it does on PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
just check the websites game specs for Macs..oh here i did that for you

System Requirements - The Game - Community - The Sims 3
it reads..

FOR MAC OS X
Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higher
Intel Core Duo Processor
2 GB RAM
ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100.
At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games
This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems, or the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards.

Any new or used mac on the website you buy right now will meet all of those specs and have a much newer OSX version. The only reason why Macs have the tag that they may not be gaming boxes is the video card. I'm not an expert on video cards but the more in depth they game gets it may slow down but by no means should it not work well.

gl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.7.3: MBP 15" Early 2011 2.0GHz i7, 8GB, 500GB 5400RPM
Sims 3 runs fine with Mac but same as PC depends on the system specs for performance. I've run it on MacBook and it worked but was very slow compared to a (much more powerful) desktop PC. If you want to play graphic intensive games you should get a suitably powerful machine...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.