iPhone 4s questions

Reaction score
I currently own a PoS HTC inspire 4g. where I live, I get 0 signal. So my question is, does the iPhone 4S allow you to use wifi to send text or to make calls? If it does, what is required (need some sort of account for skype or whatever)?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
If you have a data connection, either cellular or wifi, you can use iMessage to text other iOS devices for free. Not sure about using another service or app to text other phones. Skype is one of many ways you can use your wifi to make calls.

OP
C
Reaction score
if i remember correctly, skype charges you to make internet calls...are there any services that do not? Already paying a grip to at&t don't want to add more costs if i can avoid it.

Reaction score
If your network allows you to send webtexts then you can download an app that lets you send them from your phone. For calls you can use skype. You could also use Viber but the other person would also have to be using Viber.

C

chas_m

if i remember correctly, skype charges you to make internet calls...are there any services that do not? Already paying a grip to at&t don't want to add more costs if i can avoid it.

You remember incorrectly. Skype does not charge anything for Skype-to-Skype calls. There is a charge for making calls from Skype to "real" telephones, and sending SMS messages. I got unlimited North American calling to telephones through Skype for $30 per year. Since I can use Skype on my iPhone or iPad as well, I find this to be a great way to call from Canada to the US or vice versa at no additional charge, even on my iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.