MBP RAM upgrade Q about latency

Reaction score
I've been shopping around for a 8GB kit. I've found some Kingston on amazon but it doesn't specify latency but it does specifically say for MBP so I assume its at least CL9 or higher.

I've also looked on a local computer shops site (Micro Center) and they have Corsair for roughly the same price, but its CL7....

When searching their site for RAM the have two sections, RAM and Apple RAM. The only brand in the Apple category is Centon. I've never heard of them so I am a bit apprehensive ...

Maybe someone can give me some help?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
I've been shopping around for a 8GB kit. I've found some Kingston on amazon but it doesn't specify latency but it does specifically say for MBP so I assume its at least CL9 or higher.

I've also looked on a local computer shops site (Micro Center) and they have Corsair for roughly the same price, but its CL7....

When searching their site for RAM the have two sections, RAM and Apple RAM. The only brand in the Apple category is Centon. I've never heard of them so I am a bit apprehensive ...

Maybe someone can give me some help?

Thanks

try crucial.com, it should point out the exact stuff you want

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.