iPad connectivity issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch MBP 2.5 ghz i7 16 GB Antiglare screen
Ive noticed that my new iPad frequently has difficulty maintaining connectivity, requiring a power down and restart to get things going again. My original iPad1 would have this issue at times, but not with this frequency.

Today saw that others are having the same issue, there's reports of apple 'investigating' the issue. Anyone have similar experience with theirs?:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Take it to the Apple Store - you will more than likely walk out with a new one.

Reaction score
yep, except ours is the 64g 4G LTE version. Same exact symptoms as the "wifi" models.
I have an appointment on Saturday morning. I hope they can just swap out the guts as I had the back engraved for my wife's birthday. Otherwise I suspect we will have to wait a bit for it to get fixed somewhere. I sure hope they know what's wrong by then.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I took the iPad back to the apple store today, it was just one day shy of the 2 week exchange period. The apple 'expert' there said he'd heard of issues with 'some' new iPads having wifi connection issues. Exchanged it with no fuss. The new one seems to be more reliable in keeping a connection so far. Fingers crossed! If you're having wifi issues don't wait, take it back ASAP and trade it for another one.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bluetooth causing wifi problems

update--

I've had the second iPad for about a week and noticed that in the last few days the same wifi connectivity issues that prompted me to return the first one were popping up again. This morning it wouldn't even find my home wifi signal, much less actually connect.

Looking at the possibility of returning yet another iPad to the Apple store I booted up the laptop and did a quick search on the issue. There are pages and pages of instructions on connectivity and advice for the new iPad. One item that struck me was the potential for the bluetooth on the iPad interfering with the device's wifi reception. A few days ago I had attempted to connect my apple wireless keyboard to the iPad and had turned the bluetooth on. So I went into the settings menu and flicked bluetooth off and, as if by magic, I had full wifi connectivity again.

If that is indeed a 'fix' for this issue it certainly is well hidden from lots of frustrated iPad purchasers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.