Logitech M305 USB Wireless Mouse Stops Working

Reaction score
Late 2011 MBA 13" recognizes the Logitech M305 wireless mouse for a split second and then refuses to recognize it all. It's almost as if it disables the USB port or something. Is anyone else having this problem? Have a fix?

I have seen lots of posts talking about using the Logitech drivers etc., but this seems like something that should just work out of the box. The tiny USB transmitter should present to the OS as a wired USB mouse...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
It may actually be the mouse. I use a Logitech G700 gaming mouse that uses the small usb radio. Mine started doing the same thing yours is doing, so I contacted Logitech about it and they sent me a new one and I sent back the old one. The radio had gone bad in one or the other. It didn't cost a thing but time.

I do not require any extra drivers for the mouse to work, as you said, it just works.

Contact Logitech - they have great support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.