IPAD Warranty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Hi all, When I purchased my Ipad 3 I also bought the extra two year warranty which if my ipad gets water or even destroyed i can get a new one for 45.00 has anyone found any loopholes in the warranty yet?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This can't be the usual Applecare, since I don't believe they cover water and other damage? If this is through some other 3rd party, you might want to say who so that others who may have used the same company can chime in..

Apple's warranty doesn't cover accidental damage (water spilling on your iPad would fall into that category)..

Reaction score
What do you mean by loopholes? Loopholes so that they don't have to replace it?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi all, When I purchased my Ipad 3 I also bought the extra two year warranty which if my ipad gets water or even destroyed i can get a new one for 45.00 has anyone found any loopholes in the warranty yet?

Like Raz0rEdge mentioned...this cannot be an Applecare warranty...since Applecare warranties DO NOT cover liquid damage.

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure about that Nick. Here is what the Apple Care + warranty says for the latest iPad:

AppleCare+

AppleCare+ for iPad extends your repair coverage up to two years from the original purchase date of your iPad and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage. Just add AppleCare+ during the checkout process.

I interpret that to mean it does cover water damage. However, I think it would be a good idea to get that straight from Apple before assuming..... :Smirk:

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope they specifically said water damage run over by a vehicle i mean I covered it all before i purchased it, it was not 3rd party bought at apple store

this is what i bought

AppleCare+ for iPad

Every iPad comes with one year of hardware repair coverage and 90 days of telephone technical support. AppleCare+ for iPad gives you two years of repair coverage and technical support from the original purchase date of your iPad. And it adds coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage due to handling for your iPad, each subject to a $49 service fee.

I just saw it says twice

I called again Def includes water damage, If you slipped and didint get it Do it I think its worth every penny

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Is this a new warranty they just came out with? I know Applecare extends the 1 year warranty to 3 and can be purchased anytime before the 1st year ends, but this Applecare+ requires to be purchased before within 30 days..

So Applecare for $169 to get 3 years of coverage and Applecare+ for $99 that includes portions of Applecare for 2 years and includes accidental damage..am I right on this?

I wish I knew about this Applecare+ thing, would have gotten it for the iPad since it gets used by my toddler who has dropped it once so far and cracked a small part of the glass top..

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm not sure about that Nick. Here is what the Apple Care + warranty says for the latest iPad:

AppleCare+

AppleCare+ for iPad extends your repair coverage up to two years from the original purchase date of your iPad and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage. Just add AppleCare+ during the checkout process.

Thanks for the correction:)...I guess I was unaware of "Applecare+" for the iPhone & iPad.:(

Maybe I can be cut a little slack (ha ha);)...from what I'm reading...availability of Applecare+ is less than a month old!

Apple announces AppleCare+ for iPad, coming soon for $99

- Nick

p.s. Anyone reading this (after investigating)...Applecare+ is only available for iPad and iPhone...not for computers (desktops & notebooks).

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bet you can still add it they seem to be easy going at my applestore Try it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.