itunes - Burn disc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Hey guys, Ive recently found out that you can burn your iTunes to a cd. is there anyway to burn the songs from the iPod to a disc? It says you have to burn a playlist, ive been trying forever now to get it to burn a iPod playlist, Just isnt working. Anyone have any luck with this? Im tryin to burn all the songs to Cd's so i can Switch them to my Mac that im buying next week. Just let me know if anyone has figured this out or not yet. thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You can't burn music directly from your iPod. You will first have to extract the songs from the iPod to your Mac. You can do this using a program like Senuti.
Once you have the music on your Mac's HD, then you can create a playlist and burn it to CD if you like. Or you could just download Senuti onto your new Mac and transfer the music that way.

:black:

B

badmojo

You can also burn a backup dvd of your iTunes library. It's in the burn options:

iTunes>Preferences>Advanced>Burning

B

bench589

You should be able to burn a disk with iTunes, create a new playlist, decide the format (i.e. mp3 disk, audio disc) and select the playlist and then click burn. Thats how i do it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
but i wanna burn the music off my ipod.... anyone able to do this?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
D3v1L80Y told you the only way to get the songs off the iPod for burning in iTunes. You first have to use Senuti to get the songs to the hard drive, then you can load then into iTunes and make your playlist for burning. I believe apple does this to prevent one going to a friends house and just coping the songs over to their system. In other words to prevent Piracy. As D3v1L80Y said, download Senuti and use it to get the songs off the iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.