Why are the video and audio out-of-sync when I watch YouTube ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MacBook laptop (all-white edition) 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/ 4Gb of RAM and a 500 GB HD
I have a 2-year old MacBook that works perfectly. I'm running Snow Leopard and I use Safari as my web browser. Whenever I watch videos on YouTube, the audio and video are out-of-sync. At the start of the video, both are in-sync, but as you get near the end, they are way out-of-sync. After an hour, the video and audio will be off by 5 or 6 or so seconds. I tried switching web browsers to Mozilla Firefox, but the same thing happens. I have TechToolPro and totally optimized the drive, and it still happens with both browsers. What is causing this ?

Reaction score
Do you have pausing and skipping of the Video or Audio? You might have a problem, but I can tell you for sure that there are many videos on youtube that are out of sync, and many that the sync migrates (gets worse over time). Do you have an example one (and specify which res and type you were playing)?

Reaction score
Do you run the latest version of Adobe Flash Player? You could also try to switch to the html 5 beta, which needs no flash anymore. Would be interesting if this makes a difference. You can switch to the html 5 version of YouTube on http://www.youtube.com/html5

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.