On my mac air late 2011 I;m having a power problem

Reaction score
Hello,
About a week ago a small amount of coffee was spilled on my air. I quickly powered off and turned upside down as I dried the keyboard. It was really a small amount and after I finished I powered on and all was well. That is until about 10 minutes later, now if I'm not typing or moving the mouse I get a pop up screen asking me if I'm sure I want to power down, giving me the option to shut down, sleep cancel or restart. This happens within 15 seconds of my not typing or moving the mouse. If I hit cancel I can continue using the computer until I stop again for approx 15 seconds. If I don't hit cancel it will power off. Everything else functioning correctly. I took it the apple store and left it for a couple days, they called and wanted $783 to repair. They said they would be replacing everything and it would be like a new computer. Needless to say I didn't that, since I'm typing this on it right now. I tried to reinstall the OS but even during the reinstall if I don't move my finger on the mouse pad it will power down. I did get the install complete but still have the problem. Anyone have any ideas, or is there a way to prevent a shut by disabling something? Thank you in advance for any advice. PS I popped the power key to see if something was under it causing the problem and there wasn't anything and it didn't even look wet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.