Epson Print Drivers for OSX

Reaction score
New here so hello all.

I'm an ex graphic designer/art director that worked on macs for the best part of 25 years, and before that paste up on the board was king. I still dable now and again with Quark, Photoshop etc but for my sins I'm mostly in machine engineering now. At the moment I have a few macs, a G3 blue running OS 8.6 (old I know but I still reckon the mutts nuts) two G4's (grey) running OS 9.1 and Tiger, and now a G4 mirror front running OS X 10.4.11.

My question is... On my old G3 the Epson print driver dialogue box came with multiple options for print outs, from speed of print to colour saturation with settings to save custom profiles. Is there anything I can download that would give me the same or similar options for my G4 running OS X 10.4.11

The printer I have is an Epson Stylus Colour 860.

I know it's pretty dated but It still gives excellent prints from my G3 but when printing from OS X 10 I've no control over the printer and the prints are poo. I can't even control the speed of the print. I can choose the paper settings but I can't save or set profiles for different paper.

Has anyone got any Ideas or can point me in the right direction. I've tried verious drivers from DriversCollection.com but they seem pretty basic, or am I missing something?

PS I'm pretty new to OS X and I'm no whiz with it's operating system.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I think you're missing the options available in the print dialog of OS X. Click on the triangle(s) in the Copies & Pages menu, for example.

OP
K
Reaction score
gsahli

You're a star!

Kicking myself now for not looking in that drop-down menu. Now we're flying.

;)

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.