Disc Problem

Reaction score
Okay. So I just done burning my files to DVD-RW. A rewritable disc I think, but when I opened the disc, I stupidly put different files into my disc. BTW, I'm using this to burn isos. Anyway, I followed some tutorials so I used Disk Utility again to completely erase my data from the disc so that I can burn some files again. But after burning, the disc didn't burn at all, I get an error "Unable to burn "(my file)". (The disc drive didn't respond properly and can't recover or retry.)" So I went to a lot of forums and finally giving up and posting a new thread. I hope I'm not on the wrong forums though. Also, I checked my disc and the content size seems to be only 1.3 mb while the media capacity is 4.71gb. I dunno what happened. Can anyone tell me what to do? And again, the disc is a rewritable.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Don't want to discourage you about using DVD RW media, however, I personally gave up on them long ago. As a matter of fact, I threw what I had away. I found them to be unreliable. As inexpensive as DVDR media is, the RW types just aren't worth the effort and aggravation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.