something wrong with display

Reaction score
Hi,

i got my macbook osx tiger already 4 year never had any problem with it
but since i downloaded a movie ( wich i normally dont do often ) with subtitles from the dutch release team i got a strange feeling they messed op my visuals . it started when i opend the film i had to open a file before starting , btw the movie was" dinner for smucks "not a verry intelligent movie but i tought a good laugh, film started and i watched for 10 minutes till i got such a bad feeling from it i stopped. days afther every time i saw my laptop s screen i got the seem feeling so i began searching for unwanted content : i found 468 fotos about terrrorist shoooting people, presidents andother unpleasand fotos . i deleted them but then it looked like my screen was les vivid and my picture on my desktop had kind of surrounding lines and looked kind of dramatic . i reinstalled my macbook and the vision is still blurry when i start my comp. first the vision is good i get the blue screen wich is also good for few seconds then it flips to dark tnited depressive blue and then my desktop comes up and is also messed.

now i started to look up in the start up witch program runs and tryied to shut whatever isnt right looked up the names on the internet but couldn't find any

can somebody help , where i should look to track the cause of my strange display???
my specifications of the macbook are: 2.16ghz intel core duo, 2gb ram, mac osx 10.4.11

thank you verry much i really appriciate your help of any kind

greetz Jonas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Workstation Airport Extreme ATV 2 Ipad
I can not remember if Tiger do have the option System Preference >Monitor>Display .
As you live in Europe it should be set to 50 Hertz (PAL) anyhow for playing movies

OP
J
Reaction score
hey,

thanks ! i checked the systempreferences , monitor , display it is at 1280 x 800 and colors are milions but it doesnt give me the option for Hz the button is greyed out
maybe its to old? ;) thanks for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.