Can somebody help me? (Desktop Customization)

Reaction score
My UI got all messed up after I installed a couple of apps including (Dragthing, Dock Gone, MenuBar Installment Package (the one from iconpaper)).

I use a MBP13" with Lion 10.7.3.

Here are some screenshots of what my desktop looks like right now:

1. Apple logo has a line through it

(outdated link removed)

2. Weird corners of a window + stretched out apple mark instead of the magnifying glasses

(outdated link removed)

3. Finder buttons are GONE.

(outdated link removed)

Does anybody know what the problem is to this? It's looks so complicated... am I better of reinstalling?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Start by uninstalling all of the customization apps. You'll want to do this the "proper" way - find the uninstallers for each and use those (they are usually included with the app itself).

This will be a good first step. I'm willing to bet that some weird conflict between them is causing some issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You have to be VERY CAREFUL with Mac customization apps. They are version specific. One for 10.7.1 will not work with 10.7.2 or 10.7.3.

OP
A
Reaction score
ahh thank you for the replies, guys. I was wondering if the problems will get fixed if I get the coreservices folder from a friend's mac system and install it in mine?

or would that be pretty dangerous :/

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
ahh thank you for the replies, guys. I was wondering if the problems will get fixed if I get the coreservices folder from a friend's mac system and install it in mine?
I would definitely recommend you don't do this. Mixing and matching system files will never end up well. Try uninstalling the customization software first.

OP
A
Reaction score
I tried uninstalling all the softwares already. I think certain parts of my system was replaced, with some graphics overwritten with older versions of the Mac OS?

Reaction score
If the issue still remains after uninstalling, try searching manuallly for some files hasn't been removed..
Some apps doesn't remove everything when you just uninstall..

Or you can simply use TimeMachine..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
If the files were overwritten and not backed up, your only option may be a reinstall of your OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.