Need Assistance Transferring Music from Mac to iPad

Reaction score
Side info- I have an iPod Nano, Macbook Pro (2010, fully up to date software) and just purchased this afternoon the iPad 3.

My question: I want to transfer over just one music folder to my new iPad, just like I do to my nano, but every time I try, it insists on synching ALL my music. I can't have this happen, as it would take up most of the space.

Can anyone help me do this? The nearest Apple Store is an hour away, I hate to have to run out to them tomorrow if it is something simple- which, I'm sure it is!

Thank you in advance for any/all help/ideas!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
On the main page of ipad info on itunes select manually manage content and then under music select the ones that you want.

C

chas_m

On the main page of ipad info on itunes select manually manage content and then under music select the ones that you want.

Actually, there's no need to select "manually manage content" at all.

All you have to do is click on the "music" section when the iPad is connected (wirelessly or wired) and uncheck the "all music" checkbox, then select what music you DO want to sync.

See illustration:

OP
S
Reaction score
Ohhhhh thank you!!

Thank you ao much for the visual! I now just have 100 songs instead of 1500 on my ipad! ;) you've made my day! Thanks so much!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.