Where does Lion hide all the files that I had in the finder

Reaction score
Switching from Snow Leopard (and my ancient, personal sunflower iMac) I am baffled that I can locate neither an icon for the hard disk nor for the hierarchy inside it. How am I supposed to copy files on and off the unit?

And I have to have terminal. Where did everything just vanish to?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Terminal is still there - check the Utilities folder.

If you're talking about the HD icon on the Desktop, go to Finder > Preferences > General and make sure "Hard disks" is checked under "Show these items on the desktop." You can can also ensure that hard disks are available in the sidebar by checking it off in the Sidebar preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
When you open Finder, there is a sidebar on the left. It can be modified to display your HDD icon, documents, folder, etc. etc. Just go into Finder Preferences and click on the sidebar tab. :)

Terminal is in your Applications and then in the Utilities folder.

It hasn't been that long since I moved from SL to Lion but I don't recall it being any different, nor did the upgrade change where/how I found things.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks, Guys

I am assuming MYmacRox IS a guy, judging from the picture! :)

I surprised myself by wanting the HD icon ONLY in my finder, not on the desktop. I usually want a screen load of icons. I'm just totally knocked out by the graphic on the 27 inch iMac. Having a good time learning the Trackpad, too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.