Question Re: Upgrading to 10.6.8 from 10.6.6

Reaction score
To whomever can help, I am currently running 10.6.6 on my Macbook Pro. I use loads of audio, video and photo applications. Everything is running just fine. I am looking to upgrade to 10.6.8 so that I can use Final Cut Pro X. I've already discovered how to run FCP 7 and FCP X on the same system. My question is, will I have issues with the applications I have now? Will I have to authorize all of my apps again or have trouble opening them? Also, what about all my system preferences etc. I really don't want the headache of starting from scratch.

Thanks so much for any guidance.

John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Some people can get confused about update and upgrade when it comes to Mac OSX.

10.6.(any #) is still Snow Leopard. 10.7.(any #) is Lion. Are you wanting to upgrade to Lion or simply update Snow Leopard? If it's just a matter of updating to the latest version of SL (10.6.8), you'll want to back everything up as a precaution and then run Software Update on your Mac. It's free and won't have any affect on your current installed apps.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, I simply want to update to 10.6.8 : )

I appreciate the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.