4S text tones not working properly. Tried everything. Please help!

Reaction score
Ok so yesterday my phone worked normally. Then suddenly I got a text and it did not make a text tone. So I checked my silent switch. It was not on vibrate and the volume was up high. Then I checked my settings and all the sounds worked when I clicked them. I made sure all my contacts were set to go with the default text tone. Still, NO TEXT TONE. So finally I restored the default settings on the phone. (Didn't do a full reset though because I'm not sure if its necessary). STILL NOTHING

But if I text myself, or if my friend with a sprint non-iphone texts me, I get a text tone!! It's selective or something. I don't see how it could really be a network issure. Does someone who knows about iphones think I should do a full reset?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Back up your phone and do a full restore through itunes.

Reaction score
Turning on and off the phone usually sorts out little problems without the need for a full restore.

Reaction score
This is happening to me with texttones I've created

This is happening to me with text tones I've created. All my other standard text tones work fine and for a while these did too. But now when a friend whom I've created a special text tone for text me I receive no sound and no vibration unless I'm already in that text chain. So it seems to just be a problem with the tone but it works as a ringtone and it worked for weeks as a text tone then just stopped. And I have more than one tone for more than one friend and they don't all stop working at the same time. I'd love to fix this issue, if anyone can help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.