iPhone 4S front-facing camera question.

RNG

Reaction score
Have been using the iPhone 4S for awhile now, recently saw that my front facing camera was quite dirty (which had affected its picture quality).

Decided to use a basic rubbing alcohol pad to clean it. Cleaned it off and it looked squeeky clean, but I recall reading somewhere that the alcohol to damage the camera, didn’t appear to be any damage but the camera seems slightly different or bigger and the quality seems different as well.

So my question is can using an alcohol pad on the camera once damage it? I’ve been told in Apple stores when items are brought in for service they often use rubbing alcohol to clean it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
No, not sure where you heard that, but rubbing alcohol will not harm the camera. If it were to harm the camera, if would first have to burrow through the layer of glass that is covering the camera, unless you were to submerge the iPhone in an alcohol bath.

OP
R

RNG

Reaction score
I figured as much, it seems as if the camera has changed somewhat though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.