rEFIt Good or Bad?

Reaction score
Hello I have an iMac running OS X snow leopard and Windows 7. I have installed Boot camp drivers in windows 7 and everything has been running smoothly. To make boot selection easier if have installed rEFIt.
Here is the problem, rEFIt only appears sometimes during boot up. In fact it only seems to appear after I restart the computer twice.

Any Ideas? Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks
-Andrew

Reaction score
Perhaps try reinstalling it
"Open Terminal and enter the following commands:
cd /efi/refit
./enable.sh
When prompted, enter the password for your user account."

Do you use windows enough to warrant a reboot? I have an old copy of xp which I use occasionally on a virtual machine on my macbook air and a bootcamped version of xp on my mini which i literally only ever use for flashing firmware and that's not really used much.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
rEFIt is a great app and works well. The key to getting it working right is to make sure the "blessing" is working correctly. Two things to check:

1. It has to be placed directly in the MacIntosh HD path, in other words, /efi

2. check the config file located here: /efi/refit/refit.config

The config file is in plain text so it can be easily edited with any text editor. Read the refit help files located on their site before messing with the config file. It took me several days to get it setup right but once I did, it worked great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.