2-day old macbook air freezing up

Reaction score
Just bought a MacBook Air; local Apple store did data transfer from my iBook G4. When I went to pick up the Air, the setup folks had many problems getting the mail program to run and resorted to asking the geniuses 4 or 5 times for help. It was resolved, eventually, and I was assured that my new Mac was all set to get (wirelessly) online once I got home.

But it didn't. The network was not recognized and the "assistant" feature did not help.I called Apple support and even he could not figure it out. The Mac froze multiple times as we tried to figure out the wireless issue and after having to manually shut down via holding down the power button 3 different times in the process, the guy suggested I return the Mac and get another one. He cautioned me that the store folks would try to convince me to let them try yet again to get it working right, but I really feel like this might be a buggy machine.

Any suggestions, words of wisdom?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Only take it back, as it's obviously not right.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes...I 2nd the suggestion to take it back. If it is only 2 days old...you certainly shouldn't be experiencing problems.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.