Can you get this cable ??

Reaction score
Hi All,

Is there such thing as a single male to dual female dock connecter.

This is so I can run two devices to one dock in car.

Like the attached but with another female connection.

I hope someone can help me. I'm stuck :(

Thanks.

30-pin-dock-extension-cable-for-iphone-ipod-100cm-black_orcvke1324608500957.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I've never seen one, but the place to look would be Monoprice. If they don't have it, it probably doesn't exist.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Woohoo over 325 views and no replies!

You made the same mistake as many other impatient people do...those 325 views DO NOT mean that they are from actual human beings or registered Mac-Forum members.;)

- Nick

C

chas_m

How would the target (the car) know which device you wanted to be in use at that moment?

I'm inclined to think there's not such a cord for what is now hopefully obvious reasons.

OP
M
Reaction score
Because obviously I need to females for two inputs. Select on the car head unit which one I would like to use.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Because obviously I need to females for two inputs. Select on the car head unit which one I would like to use.

Thanks

Does the car stereo specifically say it can support 2 iPods on the same input? You better check on that, as I haven't seen any models that do. There are some that can support 2 devices, but 1 is plugged in USB, the other on a CD-changer port.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
It has two IPod inputs.

OK, just to make sure I understand correctly. You say that your head unit supports 2 iPod inputs, but the cable you propose would in fact use one input.

Every i device has a female socket, so I am not sure what a cable with one male and 2 female is going to do for you. What is the intended purpose of this project?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It has two IPod inputs.

Exactly, like I said before, there is 1 port for the 1st iPod and 1 port for the 2nd iPod. They won't share the same port.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.