How to use Automator to rotate/shuffle TTS speech voices?

Reaction score
New to Mac OS/Lion and liking the new text-to-speech voices a lot. I use it regularly for news articles and textbook materials.

Now the question is how do I automatically shuffle among few voices every 30 mins or after every other selected text is read? The same voice gets dry no matter how natural they sound, so some automatic variation would be great.

Is it possible to set it up in Automator? new to this app too, please explain the steps in plain language. So far I got to "watch me do" and change the voice via Marco...but I want it to run in the background, like some switching code via Terminal, dispatched after every hotkey of "speak selected text" is triggered or dispatched on a regular time interval.

PS: If double posting violate the community guidelines, please delete old post @ http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sw...tomator-rotate-shuffle-tts-speech-voices.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.