Target Disk Mode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Hey guys, I know I havent' been around lately.. my videoography company is getting alot of clients lately.. I am moving up and really excited about it :)
I would like to connect powermac quad 2.5 ghz to a mini (using the mini as a hard drive) but not have the mini become useless, because I would like to have the mini burning dvds while i am working on files and such on the main hard drive and such on the power mac.. but i don't want to waiste the powermacs resources that is why i am going to use the mini to burn and render since time is of no issue since it probably will not take more then a day in rendering on the mini and I don't want to slow up my powermac...
so is it possible to have the mini working on rendering.. and also have it mounted on the powermac?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Not in target mode. You maybe able to use the shared mode, but I have not used that function. I know in unix you can nfs mount your disk on to another system, but I don't know if you can to that in OS X. Maybe that is what the shared mode is.

D

DigitalN.

you could transfer the files over a firewire connection, and then have a screen hooked up to the Mac Mini and burn it that way.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
thanks.. i will look into shared mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.