Macbook pro Pink throbbing lines in white space

Reaction score
So starting a week ago I have pink vertical lines appearing in white spaces, and green vertical lines appearing in black spaces on my macbook pro. An example of this can be seen here now at first I assumed that it was the video card however when I tested it with an external display I got the following results. Since the output is fine I have determined that the problem is not with the videocard.

I have since brought it to the apple store and was told it was the LCD and that it would cost $500 to replace. Obviously now I am a little ****** off $500 is a huge repair for a 3 year old laptop.

Now I have noticed then when I press the bottom of the case approximately where the letter 'w' is the screen goes back to normal. Does anyone know what that could mean?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Now I have noticed then when I press the bottom of the case approximately where the letter 'w' is the screen goes back to normal. Does anyone know what that could mean?

My guess is that the video cable (or one of them) is being pinched off causing the distortion of the display. That's why when you press the bottom of the case it returns to normal. Replacing the display would probably not cure that.

Take the MBP back to the Apple store and show the technician what you stated in this post. Let's see if they can repair it without changing out the display. Let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.