Transferred files problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a long time Win98 user, but I have used cygwin very basically for a while. Now that I have a Mac Mini I want to use it for everything I used cygwin for, seems daft to duplicate stuff.

The primary goal is to get CVS up and running via SSH. Make and M4 worked without a problem. This is for a website I help maintain, so I am making html files for viewing locally via apache.

But, although I can see the directories, apache doesn't want to go down into any sub directories. I assume this is the 'win98 to Mac' copied files causing this problem, but I am a total novice at this and need some help.

So far I have only tried one thing, which worked, but is totally impractical. I created a directory on the Mac and copied the files to it, then I was able to see the top level files, but again the directories beneath it are not found via the web server. With well over 200 directories(including sub-directories ad-infinitum) obviously trying to recreate then all is going to be a problem.

The only thing I have noticed that may or may not be of any use is that there is no 'creation date' within the info.

Any and help appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.