please recommend a movie player for my iphone4s

Reaction score
I need to watch movies on my iphone4s, need a video player.
i have done lots of google search, there are so many of them!
which one is the best? please help

avplayer rushplayer seems to have the best playback speed, and goodplayer aceplayer buzzplayer also claims to be good, how can i choose one??

OP
M
Reaction score
ok, since no one is responding, i have taken my shot, just purchased RushPlayer, it meets my need.
thanks!

OP
M
Reaction score
Was there something wrong with the included "Videos" app?

you mean apple's video player? lots of video formats are not supported, like avi, mkv.. i need to get a video player supporting everything just like vlc on mac, but with better performance.

C

chas_m

you mean apple's video player? lots of video formats are not supported, like avi, mkv.. i need to get a video player supporting everything just like vlc on mac, but with better performance.

Why not just convert the videos?

For a very limited time, a port of VLC was available for the iPhone; I happened to grab it at that time and still have it. It does a TERRIBLE job of playing those files ... lots of motion artifacts, buffering, out of sync etc etc ... and this is on an iPhone 4, the next to fastest thing Apple sells in mobile devices!

Find a good batch converter that can convert the files while you're asleep and load em up that way ... A LOT less hassle. I mean, if there's really a player that can SMOOTHLY and CORRECTLY play those formats on an iPad/iPhone I'm all ears, but as far as I can determine this hasn't happened yet.

OP
M
Reaction score
my friend, you are talking about things happened two years ago.
try RushPlayer or AVPlayer, see if you still need a converter...

Why not just convert the videos?

For a very limited time, a port of VLC was available for the iPhone; I happened to grab it at that time and still have it. It does a TERRIBLE job of playing those files ... lots of motion artifacts, buffering, out of sync etc etc ... and this is on an iPhone 4, the next to fastest thing Apple sells in mobile devices!

Find a good batch converter that can convert the files while you're asleep and load em up that way ... A LOT less hassle. I mean, if there's really a player that can SMOOTHLY and CORRECTLY play those formats on an iPad/iPhone I'm all ears, but as far as I can determine this hasn't happened yet.

C

chas_m

my friend, you are talking about things happened two years ago.
try RushPlayer or AVPlayer, see if you still need a converter...

I certainly wouldn't mind trying them, but I mostly "rip" my movies myself, I don't download them much as that's generally illegal.

But I'm glad to hear there is progress on this front over VLC. It will occasionally play things smoothly, but for the most part its pretty awful.

OP
M
Reaction score
Ha, you are right, i don't watch videos that much too. but it won't do you any bad to have a video player on your device. the performance for rushplayer is ok, no obvious lag.

I certainly wouldn't mind trying them, but I mostly "rip" my movies myself, I don't download them much as that's generally illegal.

But I'm glad to hear there is progress on this front over VLC. It will occasionally play things smoothly, but for the most part its pretty awful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.