Software Update, Please Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2007, MacBook 2008, MacMini 2.1, TimeMachine, Airport Express, Airport Extreme
Superduper! or CCC?

I can vouch for Superduper! I use it for some years now on Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard. I did try CCC at the time but choose for Superduper! Regularly, I backup my computers (a MacMini and two MacBooks) to an external USB HD.
About a year ago one of the MacBook's HD failed. After putting in a new HD, I successfully booted from the Superduper! backup copy and had the MacBook running in no time.
I did have some issues in the beginning, but all of them were due to the external USB drives and, most of all, due to insufficient USB power that in turn was caused by bad cables and/or bad USB hubs. Advice: run your external USB HD directly from the computer USB port (not through a USB hub) and with twin USB connectors (one extra for power) or external power supply if your USB HD has it. Note that a USB power issue has nothing to do with Superduper! Support of Shirtpocket has always been prompt. I have not contacted them in a long time becauseI have no issues with the software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2007, MacBook 2008, MacMini 2.1, TimeMachine, Airport Express, Airport Extreme
Superduper! or CCC?

I can vouch for Superduper! I use it for some years now on Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard. I did try CCC at the time but choose for Superduper! Regularly, I backup my computers (a MacMini and two MacBooks) to an external USB HD.
About a year ago one of the MacBook's HD failed. After putting in a new HD, I successfully booted from the Superduper! backup copy and had the MacBook running in no time.
I did have some issues in the beginning, but all of them were due to the external USB drives and, most of all, due to insufficient USB power that in turn was caused by bad cables and/or bad USB hubs. Advice: run your external USB HD directly from the computer USB port (not through a USB hub) and with twin USB connectors (one extra for power) or external power supply if your USB HD has it. Note that a USB power issue has nothing to do with Superduper! Support of Shirtpocket has always been prompt. I have not contacted them in a long time because I have no issues with the software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.