Are These Temperatures Ok For What I'm Doing

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I've Been Around The Forum Searching For A Topic Which I Have A Query About.

I Think what you've done with the Forum is great and are very helpful but i cant seem to find what im looking for and so here i am just asking away, sorry if its somewhat of a nuisance but i hope you can help.

The following screenshot shows what my iMac 2011 27 inc, 2GB AMD Radeon 6970m, 8GB RAM and a 2TB HDD looks like when running the game Star Wars The Old Republic through Bootcamp, i was wondering if these Temperatures are normal and should not worry, I heard iMac are hot anyway and that is normal, but ive never really know what temperatures are best suited.

How much should the HD Temp Be, GPU and so fourth

Once again sorry if this has been posted before just wanted some closure and if they are too high should i lower the graphic settings or get the iMac checked which i doubt because it's still quite new :)

Thankyou for reading

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/imac2011.jpg/

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your uploaded image is not very good as it only shows some partial temperatures for the GPU.

Generally, iMacs run much cooler than MB or MBP machines. Cool air is drawn in from the bottom vents and exhausted out as warm air from the top. Your iMac has 3 fans and temperature sensors:

CPU, Hard drive, and Optical Drive. What I suggest is to download the free Istat Pro Dashboard Widget and monitor the temperatures and fan speeds that way. Download from this LINK.

As a rule of thumb.... things are going to heat up when playing graphic intensive games, but that's normal.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hey there again, i downloaded the link you sent and here is the link showing you the results ;) once again thank you very helpful :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.