WinClone

Reaction score
Will try to be short. I done the clone of XP bootcamp 3 times so far with each HD upgrade, but this time encounter the following. to start the bootcamp assist no longer give option to create bootcamp partition or install XP, win 7 only, so I managed to created by trick it with my original win7 I own and stop installation. Now bootcamp is created. but win clone keep giving me the following error. on restore :" win clone could not set the helper tool to the correct permissions". and is over.
Something to do with OS Lion? was good and done it like I said 3 times, when I updated to Lion the partition was already created by the previous OS. maybe soothing to do with Lion? FYI I had to update the clone app to 3.x because my previous version was not even started under Lion.
I installed XP (I need it for special use) under Parallel but I am not sure at this time is will work as expected, I always liked the "Native" boot ONLY on XP with "Option" key. now will be under Virtual mode and I am not sure if will create problems.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Well you have been lucky with Winclone as personally never got the #$@%$# thing to work yet. For what it is worth a new version has been released, Winclone 3, however it is not free. Suggest sticking with Parallel and see what happens. If you go back to Bootcamp there is a free little utility called Bootchamp that sits in the Menu Bar and activating it boots into Windows.

On clicking restart when in Windows buts directly into Lion.

http://twocanoes.com/winclone.php

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.