iPhoto 5 won't import my jpg's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9
I just bought a new iBook G4 and I put all my pictures on my iPod from my PC. So then I plugged my iPod into my iBook and put all the pictures into a folder, they are all jpegs and all open with Preview.

But when I try to drag and drop them into iPhoto it says they are all "Unrecognizable files". Why the heck can't I put my pictures in iPhoto?!?!

Someone help me this is driving me nuts I thought macs were supposed to be more user friendly than this!

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Mojo027 said:
I just bought a new iBook G4 and I put all my pictures on my iPod from my PC. So then I plugged my iPod into my iBook and put all the pictures into a folder, they are all jpegs and all open with Preview.

But when I try to drag and drop them into iPhoto it says they are all "Unrecognizable files". Why the heck can't I put my pictures in iPhoto?!?!

Someone help me this is driving me nuts I thought macs were supposed to be more user friendly than this!

Interesting problem, are they all called <something>.jpg?

If you can view them in preview then you could save them from Preview to new filenames and see if iPhoto will recognise them. (if you have a bunch of them to do use Automator)

Preview can view just about any graphics file ever invented and save them to another format whereas I think iPhoto is more limited to what it will recognise.

Recently I needed to reverse some text in order to print it to a T'shirt so I exported it from Pages as a PDF (Word can do this too) then loaded it into Preview and exported it as a Photoshop file. Then I loaded it into PS Elements, flipped it horizontally then printed it.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.