CCleaner and IBoostup

Reaction score
Hello there,
I've got two apps on my Mac at the mo: CCleaner and Iboostup. I used to use CCleaner on my pc just to, well, keep my pc clean. Am I right in thinking that CCleaner and Iboostup are essential the same thing? If so, should I keep both, run just one? And if any of you recommend just having one, which one should it be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
You'll find that most people don't "clean" their Macs anywhere near as often as Windows users do, so two is most definitely overkill in that regard.

I have zilch experience in using either, so can't really tell you what's best. But I have checked both out and from what I can tell, there are free utilities (versus in app purchases for iBoostup) which do almost exactly the same thing.

If you weren't planning on buying any of the in App purchases for iBoostup, you may want to check out Onyx. It's highly recommended here, and most people only need to do the automated tasks to keep their Macs running good.

I use it on both of mine, and haven't a bad word to say about it. Although, like I said before, unless you are a very "messy" user you shouldn't really have to perform maintenance all that often. I've done it probably twice, in 6 months!

If you want to use either the programs you've named, then I'd go with iBoostup, CCleaner has rubbish reviews.

Hope that helps! :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
+1 to what Chuckoir stated above. In addition, what works best on a PC may not necessarily be a good thing to use on your Mac. I have used CCCleaner for years on my PCs and it works well to clean junk and the registry, however, as Chuckoir pointed out, OnyX is best. Since it's also free and recommended by experienced Mac users, give it a try first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.