Signing up for iPad 3G/4G connection

Reaction score
Hi,

sorry if this is a stupid question but when I click on settings and then go to view account to sign up for my data plan it asks for a mobile number. What number do I put here? My iPhone phone number or the number on my new micro-sim that is in my iPad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
You won't have a mobile number for the iPad until you set up service on it. Are you sure it's asking for a phone number and not an IMEI or ICCID (SIM card #)? I just created a new account when I set up my iPad instead of tying it to my existing cellular account with ATT. If it is asking for IMEI and/or ICCID, you can find them on the box itself (where the UPC and serial # are located) or by going to Settings - General - About.

OP
T
Reaction score
Yeah it is asking for my mobile number i think it just wants me to supply a contact number.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
When I set up my 3G service with Verizon I was surprised to learn I get an additional mobile phone number that's associated with the 3G service.

I'm not sure what its for or why its needed, but I have it.

Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.