Bootcamp video memory trouble

Reaction score
I've installed windows on my computer with bootcamp, but when I try start a program it just says "Video memory too low, only 4 mb found". Why doesn't it use the available video memory?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
More info needed before we can try to answer your question.

Year and model of your Mac, version of OS X it's running, version of Windows you installed?

OP
M
Reaction score
I've got a mac book bought in 2009 running 10.5.8 (Leopard). The version of windows I installed i Windows 7.
I have looked around quite a lot to figure out what to do but haven't seen anyone else with the same problem. So, it might just be easier to just bootcamp again?
I am all ears!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You didn't say which 2009 MacBook you have (there were three different models that year) but all three use the nVidia 9400M integrated GPU. That particular GPU borrows memory from the system - up to 256 MB.

Make sure you have the proper Windows 7 video driver installed for the nVidia 9400M. You might want to go to the nVidia web site and download the latest Windows 7 driver for the nVidia 9400M and install it from within Windows. That may resolve the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.