Copying files to cd-rw

Reaction score
I am really new to the MAC, having been a PC user for years. I am finding it extremely difficult to do what I think is a very simple task.

All I want to do is copy files and/or pics that I have put on my MACBook Pro and copy them to a cd-rw. I find it very easy on my PC. All I do is highlight the file and drag it to where my cd-rw is located. I don't see that capability on the MAC. I have been told to "burn" what ever file I want to the cd. But that completely 'finalizes' the cd and I can 't add any more files to it.

All I want is to save, store, etc. files from the MacBook on to a cd-rw so I can keep adding files to it.

Is there anyone who can help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Multi-session writing to a CD or DVD in OS X does not work the same way as it does on a PC. Without getting into detail about the why and why not, it's much easier to use a flash drive rather than CDRW or DVDRW media.

Here's an article which shows how to multi-session write to a CD or DVD in OS X. You could also use a CDRW or DVDRW. LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.