Unable to bluetooth pair iPhone and MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15in; iPhone 4; iPad 2
I have an iPhone 4 running 5.1 (9B176) and a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.7.3. I am currently in a place were I can only receive a wifi signal on one device. The account won't share amongst multiple devices. I have my iPad paired via bluetooth to the MBP and can use the internet from it. When I try to use my iPhone I have problems. It will pair on the MBP and iPhone, but when I try to connect from the MBP it will say the device is out of range, and if I connect from the iPhone, it says my MBP is not a supported device with the only option of "forget this connection". I have looked around and many people have this problem but no one seems to have an answer. Anything new about this problem? Thanks for any help.

Blake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Do you have a tethering plan ?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have a tethering plan ?

I'm not trying to get internet only MBP from my iPhone. I'm trying to get internet on my iPhone from my MBP. My phone isn't a phone at all right now. I'm in Afghanistan and using it as an iPod.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I'm not receiving my internet via LAN, it is coming from wifi. There is no LAN capabilities here, it is only wifi. I can only have one device logged in tot he account at a time. And I'm not paying another $100 for 30 days of crap internet to have 2 devices. I am trying to share the internet that is coming to my MBP via wifi, to my iPhone via BT. I can do it to my iPad, but not my iPhone. I get the error I described in the original post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.