Installing Windows 7 on MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13inch i5 500GB HDD 4GB RAM
Hi all. I hope someone can help me with this.

I bought my MacBook Pro Late 2011 edition 13inch model a few weeks ago and want to install Win7 via BootCamp. I can install it fine on my 21inch iMac but am having problems on the MBP. Everything runs fine and as it should do up to the point where the install disk starts to expand the Win7 files. I then get a pop up message saying incorrect files are missing (something like that) and I need them before i can continue. It don't say what the files are though. Yes I'm downloading the Apple files from BootCamp before installing Win7.
Like i say, no problem installing on iMac using the same install disk, but MBP won't let me do it. Any ideas from anyone would be great. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Possible error caused by anti-piracy measures of Microsoft preventing multiple installs whilst still on your iMac?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply.

Maybe i will try a different copy of Win7, see if that solves the problem

Thanks for the welcome too :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Activation shouldn't have any effect until after Windows 7 is installed on the MBP and you attempt to activate it. If the same PID is used, it will refuse to activate.

Try cleaning the Windows 7 DVD as it may be dirty. Assuming that this is a genuine MS Windows 7 DVD, it should work regardless if it was already installed on the iMac.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, thought I would post in here to say its all resolved, problem over :) It turned out to be a WiFi issue. Basically, as Im sure you all know, when you install Windows it downloads a few files that may not be on the install disk. This could not happen for me as I was setting it all up with a WiFi connection that wasn't working because I was installing. Once I connected an ethernet cable, it sailed through and installed as it should. Thank you for the responses and if anyone else reads this as they are having the same trouble, this is what you do to fix it :) Ethernet people on install, NOT Wifi :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.