Questions on Disk Utility on Creating the cdr Files

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum, please advise me if this is not the correct section that I should post my doubts and questions.

I have several audio cds that i need to backup using Disk Utility as cdr files. I launched the iTune and iTune shows the correct song names and album title. However, when I launched the Disk Utility and I found out that DU doesn't recognise the cd. It shows something like "audio cd" as album title (I am not quite sure if this is the correct term that being displayed in DU, I just guessed, as I am using Traditional Chinese as my main language in Mac OS X). I tried go to File->New->Image. When I select the cd as the source of the cdr file, it displayed all the audio file as "audio file", instead of the exact name shown in iTune.

Let me explain more.

I encounter many times where DU doesn't recognise the cds. However, after I manually edit the info in iTune, rejects the cd, then re-insert it again. Now DU shows the correct info. It seems like updating the iTune will as well update the DU. Worst come to worst, I update the cd info into Gracenote CDDB server and repeat the cd-reject sequences and it will work. But still there are 3 or 4 cds that fail.

My questions here are:
1) Why does the DU has such situation where it doesn't recognise the cd, instead of most of the cds can be recognised once iTune recognise it?
2) If this is the situation, how can I update the cd info manually inside DU? I don't want the cdr file came out with all the "audio file" as the song titles.

Any useful opinion and suggestion are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.