Problems with Snow Leopard on Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I have a 7 month old 15" Macbook Pro with i7 Intell processor that is giving me all kinds of grief with malfunctions that include:

. Help function on Finder, System Preferences Safari and iCal apps don't work properly; after typing a phrase into the search box the Help window appears with nothing in it. You have to re-type the search topic in on the Help window.

. Clicking on a hyperlink in one app (eg Mail) frequently results in the new window opening UNDER the existing window.

. I cannot set up two mailboxes (same ISP) in Mail and send an email from one to the other; an error message always comes up with 'Failed'

. I've lost count of the number of times that I've had to reset the system and I've had to re-install the OS twice in two months.

Is any of this normal? Even Apples Genius Bar and Supervisor-level techs don't seem to have an answer except to not that 'portables' running Snow Leopard seem to have similar problems with the Help function in some apps.

Any assistance would be appreciated. So far my experience with Mac has been disastrous compared with 25 years plus with Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As posted before if it as new as you say it cannot be running Snow Leopard. All computers sold since July 2011 have Lion installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.