Macbook Air 2011 vs Macbook Air 2012

Reaction score
I just bought an Open Box Macbook Air 2011 1.7 i5 GHz, 256 SSD, 13", for about $1506 with a one year Best Buy Warranty (Accident Plan) thrown in (I noticed some sticky stuff in the box [only comes with bottom piece of the box.], and also a little on the keyboard and black hinge cover on the computer.) and it also still has the Apple Warranty. Did I pay too much? Or is that an okay deal? Because I was thinking about the new 2012 Air. But would I just be paying for a computer that has the box vs mine that doesn't have the top piece of the box. So I guess the question I'm asking is should I get a Air straight from Apple? Or should I stay with the one I bought from Best Buy? Thanks for all the help in advance! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
Reaction score
I know this is old but just saw it. i am looking for one right now, almost picked up an Apple - MacBook Air 13.3" Display / 4GB Memory / 128GB Flash Storage for 1200 with an online Best Buy coupon it would have been $1275 and free shipping. Thinking about it still.

As long as yours is still in new condition I'd say it was good for the model and warranty. Definitely take advantage of the warranty if you need to. The year goes by quick!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.